Note, winter parties require a minimum of ten participants to run.
We will be operating to a maximum capacity in line with the Victorian Government Covid-Safe restrictions and Scouts Victoria’s Covid policy. We are currently restricted to a capacity of 30 (at 27 Jan 2022) and if restrictions change, we will increase or decrease our capacity in line with Government restrictions and Scouts Victoria policy. In the event of our capacity being reduced, bookings will be cancelled on a last in, first out basis. These participants will be offered a transfer to another week or put on the waiting list for that week. If anyone has to withdraw from a winter party at anytime prior to commencement due to Covid-19 (sickness, unwell, travel restrictions & capacity restriction) the BCMG will process a full refund.
Winter Party Withdrawal
- Refunds may be applied for in writing addressed to the BCMG.
- Please contact the bookings officer as soon as you discover you may not be able to go to your winter party to discuss the issue.
- There may be a waiting list so substitution is not permitted.
- Withdrawals received more than 1 month prior to winter party will receive a 90% refund.
- Withdrawals received less than 1 month prior to winter party will incur a $100 penalty.
- The BCMG reserves the right to determine refunds on a case by case basis.
- In the event of failure to attend the commencement of your winter party or withdrawal during your winter party because of evacuation due to illness or injury, there will be no refund available.
- Please note any photos taken at Chalet events may be shared publicly or used for promotional material. If, for any reason, you do not wish to give consent to your child’s or your own image being used on social media or in promotional material please email [email protected] and ensure that the leaders in your group are aware of this. Additionally ensure that anyone taking photos is aware, as it is very easy to take and share.
Scouts Victoria terms and conditions
Scouts Victoria approves the Hirer’s use of the facility on the following conditions:
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer to use the facility for the approved use only and to indemnify Scouts and hold harmless from and against all damages, costs, actions, claims and demands that may be sustained or suffered or recovered against Scouts by the Hirer, its servants and employees, or any other person whatsoever.
- Scouts do not insure the Hirer’s property or legal liability exposures. Consequently, Scouts strongly recommend that the Hirer obtains adequate insurance protection throughout the full duration of the event for which the facility is to be hired
- The Hirer acknowledges that to the fullest extent permitted by law, Scouts its servants and agents are not under any liability to the Hirer or to any third party for any loss of or damage to any property or injury suffered. This includes any legal liability that may otherwise arise as a result of any direct or indirect act, neglect or default by Scouts or any of its servants or agents.